Saturday, July 20, 2002

i didn't get home till 5 o'clock this morning. i had such a good night. sharyn and i went to the gov and had a nice dinner of some chicken with cheese and spinach thing wrapped in filo pastry with a mustardy kind of sauce, and then a jaffa cake with orange sauce for desert. then i saw the whitlams. well....wow. yeah...wow. amazing, i love the new stuff, i had such a good time and we scored really good seats right at thr front. i had a good view of jak, who kept smilimg at me all night. so i thought i'd take advantage of that, and afterwards we went up to him and talked a bit and he put our names on the door for the next show. wahoo! two shows for the price of one.
got a good spot for the late show, jak saw me again and kept smiling. i later found out that it was because my eyes remind him of his 12 year old nephew, ruperts. apparently he told this to another girl too and she punched him in the chest and ran off. he didnt believe that we were 24 and 25, or that we both had two kids either. he thought we were only about 18. i thought he was 26-27 and he's 33.
THEN he invited us to go to the supermild with him and terepai. yay! it was so cool. we danced around for a couple of hours to funky music form the 70's and even the forties i think. terepai drew a butterfly and a wave on my arm with black permanent texta. and we danced and we danced and we got a free lemon squash from the guy at the bar, and i cuddled with jak and listened to him tell me about how he wishes peeople could just cuddle and not feel guilty about it. since we have the same views on that, we had a good chat.
terepai showed me a photo of his little boy. so cute, looks just like his daddy. i had a different purse so i didnt have any pics, but shayrn did and everyone laughed at zac and coopers funny baby duck hair.
we danced like chickens, mice, butterflys and showed off our best moves and then it was time to go home. we didnt want to go and they didnt want us to, but it was past 4 by that stage. when i got home M said he didnt expect me until after 7.

MADE ME HARD

You made me hard, you made me cold
I was simple, but now I know

Nobody wants to be the weak one
We all want to go from strength to strength

You made me hard, you made me strong
I was simple but not for long

Nobody wants to be the weak one
We all want to go from strength to strength
If I could go back in time, well I wouldn't change a thing
I wouldn't change a thing

I brought to you a kind disposition
You led me on and you rejected me
It took a while but I've accepted
I learnt a slow and painful lesson


You made me hard, you made me strong
I was simple but not for long

I wonder what you find so attractive
I've never seen you looking this excited
So let's just leave it at one third each
'Cause we both want something so far out of reach


You made me hard, you made me cold
I was simple but now I know
Now I know

LAUGH IN THEIR FACES

We fall into old habits
Talk about giving it up after getting right on
Letter to your mother says you're doing everything you can
And I'm glad that she won't get the joke

You're as free as a ten year old
With a room of your very own
Doesn't matter at all what all those people say at home
With your good humour you're a hero

And you can stop them dragging you down
They've got nothing better to do
Sometimes you've got to laugh in their faces




i want to do it again

No comments:

Post a Comment