Thursday, January 30, 2003

i just spilled cereal on my keyboard. i was going to say 'again' but this is actually the first time its been cereal. it's working quite nicely though, even the noise of the keys clacking is nicer than it was before. maybe all it needed was a bit of special k to cheer it up. on the other hand, maybe its starting to go all soft, and thats why the clacking isnt as harsh as usual. you know, the guys at the computer shop must love it when they see me pull up in front of the store. 'quick, change the pricetags on the keyboards! the clumsy girl is here again!'. i certainly hope it doesnt come to that. i just found out my dishwasher is broken again. how did i find out? i came into the kitchen to find it stinking of melted plastic, my dishwasher groaning, and when i opened it up, there was a lake of disgusting water in the bottom of it. stupid dishwasher. its the same problem i had back in may, but apparently, according to mister dishwasher who fixed it last time, they only have a 30 day warranty, and no, they cant tell me how much it will cost, but it will be at least $80 per half hour for labour.

bastards

on a lighter note, here are some lines from a midsummer nights dream that make me laugh everytime i hear them

lysander - you have her fathers love, demetrius; let me have hermias, do you marry him?

demetrius - i will not stay ty questions. let me go; or, if thou follow me, do not believe but i shall do the mischief in the wood
helena - ay, in the temple in the town in the field you do me mischief

helena - to vow and swear and superpraise my parts

helena - your hands than mine are quicker for a fray. my legs are longer to run away
hermia - i am amazed and know not what to say

bottom - i must to the barber's, monsieur, for methinks i am marvellous hairy about the face

demetrius - it is the wittiest partition that i ever heard discourse, my lord

hippolyta - this is the silliest stuff i ever heard

No comments:

Post a Comment