Saturday, September 16, 2006

help

he walked in to my bedroom. it was dark in there, as it had been all day. i was in bed, as i had been all day.

"i heard you were crying... so i came in here to help you feel better"

he put his arms around me and rubbed his hand up and down my back.

"its ok, you dont have to cry...cry if you want to, but you dont have to. you'll be alright. you'll be ok"

after a day of feeling like my whole world call fall apart at any second, these words did make me feel a bit better, but they also made me cry so much more.

"its ok mum, i'll look after you"

my tears should not fall upon his seven year old back. he will live so much of his life as an adult, he doesnt need to start acting like one now. i love how caring he is, how thoughtful and considerate. but he doesnt need to be looking after his mum, not at seven years old

No comments:

Post a Comment