Monday, May 31, 2004

I promise one day I’ll be good

I read a lot. I write a lot to. I’m not exactly great at the writing part, but I try. I have so many ideas. Ideas that wake me up in the middle of the night, and they are so forceful at getting out of my head. The hurl themselves at my skull, thudding around and repeating themselves over and over until I give in and write them down. They may only be two or three words, or a whole three pages, but if I don’t write them down I’ll never get back to sleep.

I check all the blogs that are linked to mine daily. I am the queen of jealousy. I am appallingly jealous of so many of you. Everyone, in one way or another, seems to be writing what I have been thinking. Except they do it in a much better way than I could ever have imagined.

So I’m thinking I’ll take a creative writing course. I’ve never been good at writing when someone’s told me to. I’m a hell of a lot better at just writing when the need takes me. But maybe I need to be more disciplined, I need to sit down and practice at it until it becomes second nature to get the words out of me the way I intended them to in the first place. Not the way they end up on the paper or the screen.

In other news, x fell over and split his chin open requiring four stitches. He’s rather proud of them. He said that he wasn’t at all brave, because it hurt a lot. But the part that hurt the most was when the doctor, david, pinched him to show him what the injection would feel like. I’m just thankful that amelia was there. He said it as if it made it all better. So thanks amelia

When we got to personwhosnameimustnevermentions parents house to take the monsters…I mean, children home, x called us from the front room, inviting us to visit the ‘e museum’. I looked around the corner and found e curled up underneath a rectangular glass aquarium. He was quite happy, playing with his bob the builder. His cheeks were a tad red though, im imagining that must have been from the lack of oxygen in there.

Saturday night, personwhosnameimustnevermention I and went to jive to see josh rouse. Well, I’m in love, more than I was before anyway. He talked to us afterwards and I invited him to our house to go surfing the next day. He said he had to go to Melbourne so he couldn’t. he shook my hand and I was thinking to myself that I should have slipped him my phone number while I had the chance.
I’m also in love with the support band. Paul vellan I think it was. He used to play in the trims. Im gonna have to get some of their albums, so so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment